
Pal sharing with Mei
Pal and Chunkabear watching the old-time tractors go by
Chunkabear hoping one of them will throw more un-needed candy
Our stake's float
Some of the girls in my ward/stake on the float.jpg)
After the parade, we headed over to Porter Park where the kids rode the carousel and ran through the splash park. This was Mei's first experience here. She loved every minute of it! Pal really enjoyed helping her climb the stairs to get to the slides. He was a great big brother. Chunkabear was rarely seen as he moves too quickly to get from one place to another! Not to mention I had to watch Mei like a hawk for fear the "millions" of other kids were going to plow her over or that she would drown in the few inches of water at the end of the slides. The park usually has lots of vendors and entertainment, but not this year. It was a bit disappointing. We cut the day short at the park so I could get home and take a nap before heading to work that evening.
Mei running through the water hiding her face from those stray splashes
Having fun!
Pal and Mei at the end of a slide....anxious Mom near by
Chunkabear and Mei...again, anxious Mom nearby
Pal and Mei coming down the slide
Chunkabear on the carousel
Pal expressing some fun-loving independence on the carousel
Mei screaming "AGAIN! AGAIN!" when the ride was over and I tried to get her off..jpg)
While I was at work, Aces did some simple fireworks with the kids at home. (I don't think braving the crowds by himself to go to the fireworks would have been very successful, so this was a great solution.) I wish I could have been there to see their faces...especially Mei's as this was her first real experience with them. It looks like they had a great time. I'm grateful we didn't have any burns.
Kids waiting in anticipation
A few sparklers before dark
The "light sabers"
More sparkler fun.jpg)
There may not have been burns, but we did, however, have some bumps. Aces called me at work and told me that he thought Chunkabear broke his nose. I guess he was doing some pretty "sweet tricks" on the trampoline when he nose dived into the bar...literally. Ouch! Since there isn't much to be done with a broken nose, he kept him home, dosed him with some motrin, and put ice on it. I'll probably have him looked at when the swelling goes down later this week.
Just after the accident (I love the ketchup and mustard all over his face!)
Two days after the accident...what a pretty bruise!
But he is still happy and says it doesn't really hurt. What a trooper!




2 comments:
That looks like a fun 4th! That's too bad about Chunkabear's nose. I hope he's feeling better.
Okay after a day like that I hope not only you got a nap but that the rugrats zonked out pretty good too!! Sorry to hear about Chunkabear's nose - it looks like he landed pretty good on that bar!! At least it wasn't right before our family pics - that would be funny! Looking forward to seeing you again in a couple weeks!!
Post a Comment