CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 21, 2008

SKATE PARK

This week turned out a bit differently than anticipated. The nice weather turned a bit sour and my b-day changed slightly. Since I was having a house full of kids, we all got together and planned out how my birthday smash should go. Together, we came up with a nature park, root beer float, pizza, bowling, treasure hunt party. WOW! It would've been heaps of fun I'm sure, but Pal came down with pneumonia. Poor kid. It was a rough week for him staying cooped up indoors.
So for our compromise, I took my sister's kids to the nature park. (My kids were all napping) They got to practice their mad skills at the skate park and feed the ducks.

Then a friend of ours called and said he was at K-mart and was holding a Wii in his hand if we still needed one. We have been on the hunt for one since before Christmas! So we ran over there, got the treasured Wii, bought stuff for root beer floats, got some Chinese takeout for dininer, and finished off the night with Wii bowling and other sports. (Sorry. I was too busy having fun to take pics!)
So I guess it didn't turn out too different from the plan. Overall, it was a fun week to have Bubba's kids up. The Wii was the biggest life saver on the days that weren't so sunny.
Unfortunately the chicken coop hasn't progressed much. These chicks are getting too big and unruly for our temporary holding pen for them...currently the baby swimming pool in the garage....I'm afraid I'll go out there and have them flying all over the place and getting into things that could kill them. Maybe this weekend...

1 comment:

The Reading Armadillo said...

Happy birthday! I'm sorry your kids weren't feeling well. I bet they love the new wii though!