CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 7, 2008

OUR NEWEST ADVENTURE

What's in the box? What's in the box? Tell me, tell me, what's in the box?

We have welcomed on a fun new addition to our household...PEEPS!

While our main intent is to have laying hens, these are going to have...well, a different lot in their short lives. We are hoping to have enough supplies by the end of the week to build our coop over the weekend and then we can get the laying hens.

The kids are so excited to have these peeps for now. Mei likes to say "Hi chick!"

Chunkabear wants to name them all "Rock Star"...something we told him he can do when we get the laying hens. (Don't want them to get too attached, if you know what I mean.)

Pal likes to say, "Mmmm. Tastes like chicken!"

We are so excited to try our hands at raising backyard chickens. I am excited for the working opportunity it will provide for my kids as well as to help us be a bit more self reliant. We'll let you know in about 6-8 weeks how this first attempt at meat hens works out. I'm a bit nervous for that, but I hear once you have fresh meat from your own raising, you'll never want to go back. We shall see.
Here are a couple more pictures of Mei discovering "what's in the box."

1 comment:

The Reading Armadillo said...

You guys really are adventurous! Those peeps sure are cute. I can see why your kids might get a little attached. Good luck with the hens.