
Pal lost his 3rd tooth yesterday. Hooray for him! He's been working on that one for weeks now. However, the dreaded question that embarks on little ones trying to grow up too fast was posed "Mom, is the Tooth Fairy real?" My response didn't get much better than "What do YOU think?" "Ethan said it's just the mom." says the all intelligent 6 year old. "But what do YOU think?" replies mom who doesn't want to burst a bubble. "Well I don't know. I guess we'll see." says the toothless one.
This morning Pal came upstairs a bit bummed. "The Tooth Fairy forgot to leave me money for my tooth last night." As I, the panicked mother,sat back wondering how that possibly could have happened, a brilliant response finally came (after a bit of fruitless dialogue passed back and forth) "I guess that means she is real doesn't it?" My boy, a bit confused, stared at me in wonder. "Well, Mom forgets stuff all the time and I'm real, right?" Pal thought for a moment, "Oh, ok."
So we'll try again tonight....and I'm sure the Tooth Fairy won't forget to cash out the boys treasure this time!




3 comments:
You think fast on your feet! I think you are the best mom! I'm so glad you are writing this stuff down so I will know what to do when Scooter is six and having the same questions.
and by the way, I absolutley love your blog background. It is so cute and so you.
Lori! How are you?! You brother let me know that you have a blog (he's on facebook along with EVERYONE else). I would love to catch up!
Heather (Deters)
Post a Comment