CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY


Ok, so really, I thought my singing days were over, but it looks like I have one more go at it. I was called 2 weeks ago by my stake music chairman to see if I would be willing to sing in a choir for a temple celebration that will be held the night before the Rexburg temple is dedicated. There will be general authorities there, and perhaps even the prophet. I immediately told her yes.


We had our first rehearsal on Sunday. I felt so inadequate! These people can REALLY sing. I left with a million reasons why I should give up my spot to another person and was ready to make the call in the morning. This is a choir of about 300 which boils down to only 16 members from each stake in the region. Which in turn means there are probably at least another 100 people who would love to have my spot. My dear husband just looked at me and said, "You were given the call. Not one of the others out there. Just do it!"


So I am happy to say that I am going to "Just do it!" It is going to be quite demanding on me vocally as well as trying to work around my family and my crazy night schedule that I pull at work. But somehow I know I am supposed to manage and be a part of this great event.


If any of you are in the area and haven't heard, the temple open house will be held between December 29 and the end of January. If you have never been to one....COME! And if you have been to one....COME!!! I think you can get tickets (for free, you just need a ticket to participate) near the end of November (???) on lds.org. The dedication is on February 3rd.

1 comment:

Jody said...

Are you kidding Lo? You have a fantastic voice...heck, you're a Wright (you are all amazing when it comes to the music dept.) Go-For-It! What a neat opportunity and definately journal worthy. I'll never forget that first Wright family reunion I went to...I told my mom how we sang a bunch of silly songs but how everyone was on pitch and even harmonizing...pretty dang cool compaired to my mono-tone, ultra off key family. We're lucky if anyone even knows the words!