CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 28, 2009

I WISH I'D HAD MY CAMERA!

Today was another long summer day at the park for baseball and t-ball practices. The boys are making excellent progress. Pal has quite the arm on him and is pretty accurate with his throw. He's also got a good swing/hit. Chunkabear is kind of the all around kid. He gives his 100% with whatever coach asks of him. I'm sure his swing will come with more practice.

Speaking of progress, Mei has been potty training the last 2 days. She is doing so well. When we got to the park I showed her the port a potty. She said "Ewww, that's gross. I not go in there!" I was sure the inevitable would happen and we would be going home with wet pants after over 2 hours with no access to a suitable potty for my princess. I was shocked each time that I checked her to find her dry. Near the end of practice, I looked up to check on her at the playground only to find her standing tall and proud with her panties to her ankles! She stood there for a moment wondering how to make this happen, and resigned to sitting flat on her fanny. When I got to her I said let's go to the bathroom and she said "I'm done! And I'm dry!" I love my kids!

5 comments:

Jody said...

Oh I am a jealous mamma! Gretta had it down and then independently decided she wasn't having it anymore. Now there is no amount of bribes or threats that work. Way to go Mei!! And way to go Pal and Chunkabear!!!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That is so classic! What kid hasn't used the facilities of nature to have their call answered. Funny! Sounds like she's got it down though. Can it really be that easy?
Looks like your summer is going to be very busy.

Jeppesens said...

I am jealous too. My ella is doing a little better. Half the reason is I am not home during the day to make her go and I don't expect my babysitter to do it for me. Ah the trials of a working mother. I miss you!! I worked a few night lately but you have not been there. Hope to see you soon. If not at work lets to to the park or swimming. Call me!

Kim said...

What a smart little cookie... peeing flat on her fanny! I'm glad she is progressing with her new independence. Hey, I clicked on your friend "Garden of Egan" to see if it was someone I know (it's not, of course). I read her blog about "what not to say in church" and it made me laugh. Tell her that Matt and I know exactly what she is talking about. Church isn't the place to ask medical questions!

The Reading Armadillo said...

Yea for Mei! What a funny story. And what a smart little girl!