CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

CELEBRATING US!


My husband and I just celebrated our 9 year anniversary. At times it seems like the years have just flown by and other times like it's been forever...in a good sort of way! Since I have been working nights and weekends since August, we haven't been out on a real date in the longest time. So we made up for the lost time by running away for the weekend to Little America in SLC. It was so fun to stay at a lovely hotel and be spoiled with room service and no distractions.

We ate at Rodizio Grill on Friday night...a must for my meat-loving man, and then we went to the U2 Lazer show at the Planetarium. I ran into an old neighbor and an old friend from high school. It's a small world!

Saturday started off with sleeping in until....hold it.....10:30!!!! That may have been the highlight of the weekend. If you know either of us, we are NOT morning people and having 3 wild and adorable kids doesn't aid us in our sleeping bliss. So, let me linger in that moment..aaahhh...and now back to reality. We had a late breakfast delivered to us. I ate an $11 belgian waffle smothered in red ripe strawberries. The most expensive waffle I have ever, and will ever eat. Yummo. We then indulged in a dip in the hotel pool and hot tub. I don't remember the last time I was actually able to RELAX near water! It was surprisingly delightful. After a somewhat lazy day, we went to dinner at The Mayan. They catered to our every need and spoiled us with a yummy dessert complete with a flaming rocket in the middle. Then back to the hotel where we passed out stuffed to our eyeballs with the over indulgences of the day.

The weekend couldn't have been possible without my wonderful family. A BIG THANK YOU to those of you who helped watch my kiddos (and my dog-sorry!) I'm looking forward to another fun year with the love of my life. And as another friends said in regards to her anniversary....I am anxiously awaiting the BIG getaway for our 10 year next year.


7 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Glad you could have a getaway! Great marriage maintenence! Congrats to you both. Now if you could figure out a way to do that at least once a month.....that would be nice.

Kino Force of Freedom said...

Congratulations you two! I'm so glad that you were able to get away for a little while.

The Idaho Shaum's said...

Lori I wondered where you were last weekend and now I remember. I am glad you had an amazing time you derserved it.

The Reading Armadillo said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you guys got to go do something fun. We also went to Rodizio Grill for our anniversary. I have to admit that even I like it there...but not as much as my husband. I'm jealous of your sleep in. I can't remember the last time I was able to sleep that late! Lucky!

Carlson Clan said...

You go girl! Looks like you guys had lots of fun. I am jealous!!!

Jody said...

I bet Mike left the little stick at Rodizio Grill on the 'green' side the whole time right? lol.

I am jealous of your sleeping in till 10:30, wow. And Happy Anniversary!! You guys are such an amazing couple and you deserve the get away!!

Beth Willmore said...

Congratulations you guys! I'm glad you had such a good time, you definitely deserve it. I love keeping up with your family through the blogging world! If you'd like to check out our blog feel free to e-mail me at willmoreb@ida.net and I'll send you an invite.